Drainfast is committed to understanding and managing the environmental, economic and social impacts of our operations through the delivery of sustainable solutions. The Policy seeks to embed the consideration of social, environmental and economic impacts as factors in decisions made by staff and our partners.
Drainfast will strive to:
- encourage and engage suppliers to develop a proactive approach to sustainability issues and deliver sustainable solutions
- work in partnership and support our suppliers to continually improve our collective sustainability performance
- identify and review the sustainability risks and impacts of the products and services we procure
- develop local and regional businesses, small and medium sized enterprises to be part of our supply chain
- undertake training and develop practical tools to increase knowledge and understanding
- be ethical in our business practices in dealing with our supply chain
- consider and evaluate whole-life costs prior to purchase where appropriate
- look to minimise the use of energy and natural resources and maximise the use of renewable energy sources
- use and dispose of goods in an environmentally responsible way, including considering reducing, substituting, reusing and recycling as sustainable options
- work with our suppliers to achieve zero safety incidents on all of the projects that we deliver
We recognise that improving our procurement performance is an ongoing process and that our suppliers are important partners in our aim to become more sustainable.
We expect our suppliers to work collaboratively and be supportive of our approach to continually improve performance, through the selection of sustainable products and solutions, innovative thinking and the employment of best practice to meet our objectives and targets.